1. Don’t buy candy until the day of or the day before Halloween.
2. Don’t open the bag until Trick-or-Treating has begun!
3. Make yourself a special treat to munch on while handing out candy–maybe a bowl of low-cal popcorn or sip on a protein shake! Munch on frozen grapes or eat a banana with some all-natural peanut or almond butter. Have a healthy treat that you normally wouldn’t have!
4. WORKOUT before the festivities begin–whether you’re taking your little ones out, handing out candy at your place, or partying it up yourself.
5. Drink a lot of water, and allow yourself your favorite piece of candy. There’s no reason why you can’t enjoy yourself! One candy apple isn’t going to kill you and there’s no need to binge on candy as if this is the last time you’ll ever see sweets in your lifetime. Ease up and have fun!
Strong Figure Conditioning Workout for Thursday 10/23/14:
5 Rounds for time:
- Slow squats (goblet squats, air squats, back squats–you pick!) Take six seconds to reach the bottom of the squat, then push back up quickly
- Superset your goblet squats with squat jumps (you can use dumbbells, kettlebells, or nothing.)
Directions: Perform 5 slow squats and then immediately superset this with 5 jump squats. Rest for 90 seconds after each round of 5.
THEN, perform 3 Rounds of:
- 30 air squats
- 10 vertical jumps
No rest between these rounds. I got this idea from Christian Thibedeau’s new 10-week training plan just released on T-Nation. It’s KILLER, and I love it!