When I was searching the Strong Figure archives, I came across a lot of workouts that I published a couple of years ago when we were just launching our little baby site. So over the next few weeks, I’m going to share some of those workouts with you as your strong figure conditioning workouts. I kind of forgot about them and how awesome they are!
In honor of “Throwback Thursday,” I’m sending you back to my article, “10 Simple HIIT Workouts.” That’s right guys, you have TEN workouts to choose from! Pick one and then save the rest for rainy days. 🙂
Egg Muffin Snack Recipe
Paleo and Gluten free, low carb, high protein. AKA, PERFECT!
I got creative over the weekend and made some egg-sausage-veggie-muffins to help battle my constant snack cravings. They turned out really well and were SO easy! So I definitely wanted to share with you!
- A dozen eggs
- 1 cup egg whites
- 1 bag frozen diced peppers and onions
- 1 large handful fresh spinach
- 1 pound ground meat of choice (I wanted a spicy breakfast sausage but ended up finding local ground pork at a great price. I added my own spices and seasonings.)
- Spray two 12-count muffin/cupcake pans with a non stick spray or use olive oil/ghee/coconut oil to grease them so that your eggs don’t stick
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Brown your meat in a skillet
- Throw everything else into a bowl and mix well
- When meat is done, spoon equal amounts into the muffin pans
- Pour egg mixture over top and bake for about 30 minutes or until eggs are fully cooked
This should make about 24 muffins and I have been eating 2 to 4 of them every day! They are perfect for snack, breakfast, or pre-workout!
I forgot one really important step. If you do end up with some of your eggs sticking to your pan, give the pans to your fur-babies who will clean them right up! 😉
Jessica K says
Steph I made these this morning and they were delicious! I ended up using the spicy sausage (which I’ve never made before but tasted delicious), 1 green pepper and 1/2 an onion. I didn’t realize until it was too late that I didn’t have the extra egg whites. Unfortunatly with the blizzard I couldn’t go to the store – so I made a dozen extra large egg muffins. Yummy!! Next up : low carb lasagna.
Stephanie Wimer says
That’s so awesome Jessica!!! I have been sitting here all morning–literally all morning–working on tomorrow’s big post. Reading your comment just now made me realize A) I have food prep to get to, and B) I’m freaking HUNGRY!! Haha–keep up the awesome food prepping!!