And stuffed with Mozzarella, Sprinkled with Parmesan!
Seriously, these meatballs could not get any better. I combined two pinterest recipes that I found and made my own modification so that they are also gluten free, and voila! A simple, delicious, cheesy, low-carb, high-protein, muscle-building meal.
- 1+ lbs ground beef (I used 1.3 lbs but it’s just what I grabbed at the store. You could probably use ground turkey as well!)
- a small onion, diced
- 1 cup gluten free bread crumbs
- 2 eggs beaten with a half cup milk
- 1/2 c Parmesan cheese
- pepper and parsley to taste
- 3+mozzarella string cheese sticks cut it into cubes
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix all the ingredients (except the string cheese) together in a large bowl. Once mixed, take small handfuls of the mixture and flatten in palm. Place a mozzarella cube in the middle, roll meat around the cheese. Place in greased or nonstick baking dish. Once all the meat has been stuffed and rolled, bake for 30 minutes.
You can enjoy your meatballs as they are, or you can buy a low-sugar/low-carb pasta sauce to dip them in. I ate mine along side a steamer bag of cauliflower, and I sprinkled even more Parmesan cheese over the whole dish. This might be the best lunch I ever made for myself!