Re-post from Melissa at FitGirlsRock!!!
Check out this simple, nutritious, and filling recipe that Strong Figure Ambassador and blog writer, Melissa has shared with us!
Straight from Melissa: “I just tried this one from Oxygen magazine. It’s delicious!”
- 5 chicken breast
- Olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped yellow onion
- 11/2 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 3/4 cup quinoa
- 1/8 cup basil leaves
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- Dash salt and pepper
- 1 cup fresh spinach
- Sauté onions and set aside
- Season chicken with salt and pepper and sauté in olive oil for 4 minutes each side.
- Remove and set aside
- Pour chicken broth in skillet with uncooked quinoa, basil, garlic and cooked onion.
- Stir and add chicken breast into the quinoa mixture.
- Bring to a boil then lower heat and cover for 15-20 minutes until quinoa is fluffy and has absorbed water.
- Stir in spinach until wilted
- Remove and serve
Visit Melissa on her website at Fit Girls Rock!! or on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/Fitgirlsrock too!