I know, the headline is only slightly cheesy, but then again, so is this recipe. 😉 It’s a pizza fondue made especially for all the low-carbers in the fitness world. And while I’m on the low-carb bandwagon, let me take this opportunity to ask, does anyone have a low-carb recipe you’d like to share with us? Send me your favorite dish, including a pic if you have one, via the CONTACT page, and your recipe just might be featured on the site!
Ok, back to fondue. I got this recipe from Erik’s mom and we made it for a little get-together a while back. Talk about fantastic…I think I ate it for three days straight and never once got tired of it! And it’s crazy simple, too! I actually made it again tonight because I started craving it after thinking about writing this. If you’re watching out for gluten, this is a great dish! Make sure you use veggies for dipping and read the ingredients on the pasta sauce carefully so that you pick up one that’s G-free.
- 1 pound ground beef, cooked and drained
- 16 oz mozzerela cheese, shredded
- 16 oz cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 45-oz jar your favorite pizza/pasta sauce (We used Prego and/or Ragu–whichever has the lowest amount of sugar added)
- Here’s where I’m suggesting to do things a little different. If you aren’t worried about carbs, use french bread for dipping–preferably slathered with butter and garlic. 🙂 If you’re taking the low-carb approach, you’ll need about 4-5 bell peppers–any color that you prefer. (I love red and orange, but my stomach is NOT a fan of the green ones.) Slice the peppers into thick wedges.