Try these 6 HIIT Workouts to Get Sexy 6-Pack Abs!
I’m a fan of high intensity work–just ask anyone in my kettlebell classes. Short bursts of insanely hard work produces results–the results most of us are looking for. The hardest part of completing an interval training session is, well, completing it. If you give HIIT your best, you’ll look your best. If you don’t give 100% effort during your training, well, the results won’t be as good. The workouts suck and they’re intense for a reason: they’re one of the best–and most efficient tools for fat loss–especially around the middle: our abs. This is one of the reasons I got back into CrossFit–all the intense interval work is what works best to help me lose fat around my mid-section–the toughest place for me to lose weight. I need motivation, so I do my intervals with a group. But not all of us are lucky enough to have a huge support group, and not all of us need others for motivation. So what I’ve done is created what’s called “The 2000 Rep Club.” Below are six interval workouts and the total for all six workouts add up to 2000 reps. Once you’ve completed all six workouts–in a week, a month, a year–come back and comment in our forum so you can officially be a “club member!” I can’t wait to see who is hardcore enough to take on this challenge!
HIIT Workout 1: The 700 Club
For time, complete the following:
- 500 body weight squats (make sure to squat as low as possible keeping chest up and weight in heels)
- 150 Push Ups (If you’re a total badass, you’ll do chest to ground)
- 50 Burpees
- 100 body weight squats, rest 3 minutes
- For time, complete 500 body weight squats.
- Yeah, this one doesn’t need a special name–it’s gonna suck. But what a workout! 100 burpees FOR TIME! That means you’ve got to give yourself a goal. Try 10 burpees per minute and get the whole thing done in 10. Want to push yourself? Finish under 8. Really want a push? Release your hands at the bottom of the burpee. Get it done!
HIIT Workout 5: Push It Real Good (And you must sing the song to yourself while you workout)
- 100 hand-pelease push-ups for time. Hand release meaning get your chest to the ground, release your hands, THEN push back up. Knees or toes are fine–just work at YOUR level. DO NOT compromise your form. Stay solid til the very end.
HIIT Workout 6: The Finisher
Complete for time:
- 200 body weight squats
- 100 double unders (If you can’t do double unders, the alternative workout is 300 body weight squats and 300 single jump ropes. Time to learn DU’s?)
Quick Video Tutorials:
- Body Weight Squats:
- Hand Release Push-Ups:
- Double Unders:
And that’s it! PLEASE LET US KNOW in the in the FORUM when you’ve done ALL 6 Workouts! Tell us about your experience and help encourage others to do the same!!!